Nuriyev Alem Bayram oglu-Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor, Archaeologist
Alem Nuriyev was born in Goyler Village of Shamakhi Region on 7 October, 1936. He participated at the excavation work for the purpose of exploration of old Barda City in 1984-1989. He revealed old tombstone with figure of human image in Albanian script near Shatirli Village of Barda region in 1984.
He was mainly engaged in research and study of different problems of Caucasus Albania; display of history of craftsmanship, glass-making, pottery, metallurgy; development stages of Barda City and destroyed cities (Shamakhi, Barda, Nakhchievan, Aras, etc.); and study and training of other problems of Azerbaijani history. Later worked as chief of Department of First Medieval Azerbaijani Archaeology of NASA Institute of Archaeology and Ethnography. Was the member of Society for Protecting Historical and Cultural Monuments of Russia. Author of over 115 scientific articles.
1. Glassware of Caucasus Albania and manufacture date. Baku: Elm, 1981
2. Historical and archaeological essay of Barda City. Baku: Elm, 2001
3. Medieval Barda City. Baku: Elm, 1986
4. Pir Mardakan-Khanegah Complex
5. Topography and craftsmanship of City of Caucasus Albania